Clarke Electric Cooperative is a member of the Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives brand, which represents a nationwide alliance made of more than 740 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy® co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day. Electric cooperatives distribute power for 56 percent of the U.S. land mass over 2.4 million miles of power lines.
Electric cooperatives like ours were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy® is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know Electric Cooperatives ...
• Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
• Total more than 900 local systems in 47 states
• Have 42 million member-owners
• Distribute power over 2.5 million miles of line
• Serve 75% of the U.S. land mass
• Own $130 billion in generation, transmission, and distribution assets
• More than 88% of all local electric co-ops offer electricity generated from renewable sources
Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives believe in:
Integrity: Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives and their employees display a high level of ethical responsibility. They adhere to a code based on honesty and trust.
Accountability: Electric cooperatives are organized so that the people who use the electricity have a strong voice in how the cooperative is run.
Innovation: Your electric cooperative uses advanced technology and constantly looks for new ways to improve its products and services.
Commitment to Community: Electric cooperatives are committed to improving the lives the member-owners we serve. Co-ops not only provide electric service, but also lead in community development, job creation, support of local charities and voluntary community involvement.